1. If communication is made with the vehicle, and then no communication is experienced later or the communication is random, check battery voltage and ensure it is at least 12.2 volts., Particularly important on SCP, and all transits.
2. A new function has been introduced on the WDS which enables the dealer to disable the additional key function. This is mainly used on fleet vehicles and hire companies to stop unauthorized keys being added, If a system will not accept additional keys, It may be because this has been enabled.
3. Fleet Mode (Unable to add a key) is disabled by clearing the PATs and (DSM) diesel only and reprogramming all keys.
4.When programming SCP systems, Turn IGN ON before connection TESTER or ADC110B to diagnostic socket, then wait for dashboard lights to settle, connect TESTER – otherwise a timed access system may display “access denied”
5. Intermittent start with fault code 12 – replace faulty aerial pick up.
6. If an incorrect key is used to try and start the engine, the correct key must be inserted and left in the IGN position for at least 20 seconds, then switched OFF then back ON before the vehicle starts.
7. Fault code 0 is an ECU trouble code, if this is set and cannot be cleared, then there is a problem with the ECU. Normally the only way to fix this is to return the ECU for testing or replace it.
8. Fault code 1000 is an ECU trouble code. This code can be set automatically if the vehicle has not been driven. The code refers to OBD drive cycle. In some instances it is not possible to program new keys if this code is set. Please follow the following instructions if the code cannot be cleared or the keys cannot be programmed.
9. The OBD drive cycle code P1000 is the monitor code which monitors a number of the OBD parameters.This code can be cleared by driving the vehicle or running the engine for around 5 minutes at a steady RPM and acceleration cycles. The smoother the driving condition the quicker the code will be cleared.
10. IF no keys are available, then the ECU can be disconnected for 30-45 minutes, which will also reset the system.