#Help I’ve lost my BMW car keys
BMW Replacement Car Keys
Have you lost your BMW car key?
If you’ve lost or broken your BMW keys, using a main dealer will nearly always result in an expensive bill. AutoLocks are BMW key replacement experts and we save you the hassle and expense of using a main dealer. Our team of experts aim to be to you within 30 minutes to help, no matter what model of BMW you have.
How to Programme a BMW Remote Car Key?
Our specialist experts have all the essential training and tools required to get you back in your BMW and on the road!
I’ve lost my spare BMW car key
We are the only auto locksmith in the South East of England that have the tools and equipment to repair or replace your broken or lost BMW car key. We can even program and reprogram transponder key fobs, or, when the need arises, enter your vehicle without damage.
AutoLocks offer a BMW key replacement, repair and programming service that won’t involve the long waits and high costs that will come from your main car dealer.
We cover London and Kent
How we programme a BMW Remote Car Key
We’ve seen many cases of a lost BMW key and are experts in getting around this problem. We can create a replacement by dismantling the lock and building it out from there or, if you have it to hand, cut a replacement from a spare. We’ll even programme the key to ensure it works with your immobiliser. BMW models we can help with include:
- BMW 1 Series
- BMW 3 Series
- BMW 5 Series
- BMW 7 Series
- BMW X5
- BMW Z8
Want to learn more? We have some greats tips and hacks for your BMW
Read some of our BMW blog articles.
BMW Hints & Hacks
BMW 3 Series E36 (94 – 01), BMW 5 Series E34 (94 to 96)
1. UNLOCK vehicle using the unlock button
2. Enter vehicle & CLOSE driver’s door
3. Switch ignition ON and OFF
4. Programming mode activated
5. Point key at infrared receiver (fitted in rear view mirror), <15cm 6. Press & hold UNLOCK button 7. Press LOCK button 3 times within 10 sec, keeping UNLOCK button depressed 8. Release UNLOCK button 9. LED on the key flashes slowly for 10 seconds 10. System should lock & unlock to show programming is successful 11. Repeat above procedure if LED dosen't flash or central locking dosen't work 12. Repeat procedure for remaining remotes Notes - Maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed - Programming procedure must be completed within 30 seconds for each key Radio Frequency Transmitter 1. UNLOCK vehicle using the UNLOCK button Note: If vehicle not unlocked with UNLOCK button, programming procedure is blocked for 15 minutes 2. Enter vehicle & CLOSE driver's door 3. Switch ignition ON and OFF 4. Programming mode activated 5. Press & hold UNLOCK button 6. Press LOCK button 3 times within 10 second, keeping UNLOCK button pressed depressed 7. Release UNLOCK button 8. Certain models: LED on the key flashes slowly for 10 seconds 9. System should lock & unlock to show programming is successful 10. Repeat above procedure if LED dosen't flash or central locking dosen't work 11. Repeat procedure for remaining remotes Notes - Maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed - Programming procedure must be completed within 30 seconds for each key
BMW 3 Series E46 (98 – 06), BMW 5 Series E39 (96 – 03), BMW 7 Series E38 (94 – 02), BMW Z3 E36 (01 – 02)
BMW Keys – Hints & Tips
1. New Keys – Must be ordered to the vehicle chassis from the dealer. When received the keys will start the car as they are already pre-coded. However the remotes will require programming by following the procedure identified within this manual.
2. Once the 10 key limit has been reached, the addiction of any further keys is prohibited and they ECU has to be replaced.
3. Automatic Vehicles – On vehicles fitted with automatic transmission the start sequence will only be enabled by the EWS3 if the gear selector is in either P or N position.
4. Run On Time – This feature enables the car to be started with any mechanically fitting key within 10 seconds, From the time the ignition key is in the ‘0’ position.
5. New Programmed Key – The first time a newly programmed key is used to start the vehicle, there will be 1-2 second delay. After this initial period the vehicle will start without delay as normal.
6. Remotes – Make a note of which memory locations are being used as this will be important when programming in new remotes.
Existing remotes are normally programmed in the first two memory locations.
If you program a remote into a memory location that is already used, the existing remote in this location will be overwritten. If this happens the only way to re-program the original remote is by having the original bar code information and the following program remote procedure.